All users are able to create an Event within the Torchable App. You do not need to be a church admin. However, if you would like to connect your event to a church, that church will need an admin and that admin will need to approve your connection request. If you are the church admin, this process is done automatically for you to save some time.
Here is how you can create an event:
- While signed into your account, click on the community icon in the lower nav. (It looks like a few houses stacked on each other)
- Then on the Community page, click on the Event icon.
- On the Events page, you will see all of the events in your area. In the lower right corner, above the profile icon, you will see a floating green + click on it.
- That will take you to the Create an Event form! There are a lot of fields here, but only the fields marked with a * are required. I will cover a few of those fields here:
- The cover image is displayed at the top of your event's page when it's posted.
- An event name is required.
- Private events are also an option. A private event means a user can not find the event through searches or filters. Users can only find the event if they are invited to join the event.
- There is also the option to add a custom registration link to an event as well. If your church runs on a CRM you can post the CRM's registration link for the event here too. This will allow users to register both in the App and in your CRM to help keep your information all in one place!
- Once everything looks good you can tap the "Create" button at the bottom of the form and your event will be live!
- If after posting your event you realize some information is incorrect, you can always edit an event's information after it has been posted. Find out how to do that here.