All users are able to create a group within the Torchable App. You do not need to be a church admin. However, if you would like to connect your group to a church, that church will need an admin and that admin will need to approve your connection request. If you are the church admin, this process is done automatically for you to save some time.
Here is how you can create a group:
- While signed into your account, click on the community icon in the lower nav. (It looks like a few houses stacked on each other)
- Then on the Community page, click on the Group icon.
- On the Groups page, you will see all of the groups in your area. In the lower right corner, above the profile icon, you will see a floating green + click on it.
- That will take you to the Create a Group form! There are a lot of fields here, but only the fields marked with a * are required. I will cover a few of those fields here:
- The cover image is displayed at the top of your group's page when it's posted.
- A group name is required.
- Group types are used in the filter fields to help users find groups that they are looking for. You can find the difference between the group types in this article.
- Private groups are also an option. A private group means a user can not find the group through searches or filters. Users can only find the group if they are invited to join the group. Private groups can be a great tool for volunteer communications as well!
- There is also the option to add a custom registration link to a group as well. If your church runs on a CRM you can post the CRM's registration link for the group here too. This will allow users to register both in the App and in your CRM to help keep your information all in one place!
- If your group has meetings there are all kinds of settings to tell the App when and where you meet so that you can communicate that to all group attendees.
- Once everything looks good you can tap the "Create" button at the bottom of the form and your group will be live!
- If after posting your group you realize some information is incorrect, you can always edit a group's information after it has been posted. Find out how to do that here.