Churches can be added to the Torchable App by normal users that do not work for the church. When they fill out the form we will verify that the church exists and the information is correct. If everything looks good, we will add the church as an unclaimed church to Torchable.
Unclaimed churches have no admin, so their main purpose is to help users find the church and allow users to follow the church. Unclaimed churches are unable to have groups or events connected to them and the listing will have very little information displayed in it.
If you work for a church that is in Torchable as an unclaimed church, you are able to claim the church and take control of the profile. Doing this will send out a notification to all of your church followers letting them know that you are now in control of the profile! (This step is required if you would like to purchase a Church Plus or Church Premium Plan)
Once the church is claimed, you can do things like, add your logo and banner image, add contact information and a description, allow group and event connections, and much more!
Here is how to get started:
- Open up the Community tab in the Torchable App and select "Churches".
- There are two tabs on the Churches page, you want to make sure you are viewing the "Discover a Church" tab.
- On the Discover a Church page, go ahead and search for your church using the search bar. When you see your church's listing click on it to view the details page.
- On your church's details page, you want to tap the "I represent this church" button and fill out our "Claim a Church" form. Keep in mind, the account that completes this form will become the admin of the church if the form is accepted.
- After submitting your form, allow some time for our team to receive the application and verify the information is correct, and then grant admin privileges to the account.
- If we are having a hard time verifying the information, we may reach out to you or the church to get more information.